Sunday, February 21, 2016

Vase Repair with Wallpaper? Yes!

THIS is what happens when you drop glass marbles into an empty vase.


It was a gift and I wanted to save it but I certainly couldn't use it with that ugly Gorilla Glue
 repair job.


 So I dug into my craft stash for some textured wallpaper and a bottle of Mod Podge.



The Mod Podge worked very well to stick the wallpaper in place. The paper is thick and heavily textured as you can see.



Voila!

 Here is what the rescued and repaired vase looks like today!


Here she is in her place of honor. She holds dried arrangements very well. I don't want to risk filling her with water and ruin that pretty textured paper.

Wallpaper made this a quick fix and a pretty one.



That's a win win in my book!

1 comment:

  1. If you do decide that your vase needs to hold water for your arrangements, cut down a soda bottle (looks like a two litre would for well) and use some styro pieces to wedge between as necessary

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...