Saturday, November 28, 2015

DIY Faux Leaves Table Runner


There's no deal as good as a Dollar Store deal....
case in point, these fake leaves that come in a pack of fifty.


I buy a couple of packs a year just to use for my autumn decorating.
So this year when I decided to make a burlap and faux leaf 
table runner, I had everything I needed.


I cut a piece of burlap textured fabric 48" long x 12" wide and set out my array of fake leaves.
I also cut a stack of maple leaves out of old book pages and
 hot glued them to the edges of the runner fabric.



This was so super easy and fast and fun to do!


I added the book page maple leaves every few inches for textural interest.


I added a trailing triangular edge of leaves at each end of the runner to 
extend the length. We need it for our table when it is stretched out to its full eight foot length.


Along with this pretty brocade leaf tablecloth, this runner is a perfect simple touch of autumn color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...