Monday, July 26, 2010

Quick rosette pillow project

I was inspired by some turquoise pillows with yo yos in someone's header and I didn't tag it, darn it all! I'll know it when I see it, trust me, and I'll send her some love. Note-FOUND HER! Jen, the wonderfully creative author of Tatertots and Jello. Go check her blog out, you'll see the pillows I'm talking about. Thanks, Jen!

Visit tatertotsandjello.com


So I had this sorta boring $1 thrift store pillow on my bed and I decided to "rosette it." I will pretty much put rosettes on anything. I sew the smaller rosettes while half watching TV in the evenings so I have lots on hand. And the bigger rosettes are hot glued. Yup. I told you this was quick!


So I hot glued the rosettes, large and small, added buttons (including some YUMMY turquoise sea shell buttons, just gorgeous) and beads and whatever the heck looked good and had fun. It took less than an hour and I really had to stop before I went too far from "sweet pillow" into "Las Vegas showgirl," you know how that happens. ;0) Oooh, I like it alot! Here she is on my brown couch with her cousins, the bedroom pillows.

Now, I would NEVER, EVER hot glue rosettes or anything else on my projects I sell in my Etsy shop. I hand sew every bit of trim and beading and ribbon to my pillows and necklaces. With hot glue it is too easy for restless fingers to seek out a weak bond and just pull stuff off (I'm looking at you, terrible toddlers and mischievous teens!) But this was a quick and easy, totally spur of the moment project. It was too much fun, too.

Now here's a total surprise. I put Rosie and her blue cousins on my brown couch and look what happened...they picked up the blue in the sky of my poppy painting and kicked up the total style of my couch a notch! So I'm leaving all of them for a day or two and see if I really like that kick. So far, so good. And I'm starting to think a crocheted throw in a nice shade of turquoise would really be nice......

By the way, the little beaded pin tucked turquoise pillow will be another blog post. She deserves it and she's super easy, in a not expensive, crafty way.

Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

  1. She looks lovely and she does pick out the painting colors beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and how did you know the pin tucked turquoise pillow had caught my eye?

    Happy Monday! La

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann I'm IN LOVE with your pillows (I almost typed MY pillows - subconsciously I think I want them). Those teal rosettes are absolutely amazing! Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann...

    I just had to come over after reading the sweet, sweet note that you left in my Tea Rose bedroom...thank you, my friend!!!

    Wow...I simply adore your new pillow with all of those fabulous little turquoise rosettes! GORGEOUS!!! What a talented lady you are...very creative too! You know, I just love how all those pretty decorative pillows look on your brown sofa...and you're absolutely right about how the color picks up the turquoise of the sky in that painting...it's a fabulous combination!!! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    I also wanted to let you know that I took a little peek at several of your posts...what a delightful blog you have! This is my very first time to visit. I am adding you to my list of blog follows and really look forward to your upcoming posts...as well as going back through some of your past posts! It's so very nice to meet you, Ann!!!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pillows are soooo sooo soooo cute!! I love the flowers! Wonderful job

    caitlin
    cohensmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out so cute! What a good way to dress up pillows. I love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out great, such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pillow is just darling! I love it.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  10. This pillow is just darling as are the other ones it is grouped with - I love your color choice - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous!!
    Thanks for visiting my blog!!
    Now you have my mind going...I totally love the snowman idea!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute!!! I so want to do that to a shirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for the sweet comment! And I'm so glad I came to your site because I have been wanting to update some pillows, and this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello So love your blog, I love the rosettes, im a big rosette fan, after French Cupboard... Those are too cute- and love adding to them the pillow..
    So Excited to be a new FOllower..
    Appreciate the visit to my blog-..
    Karryann

    ReplyDelete
  15. I gave you an award, check it out! I'm new to your blog and love it.
    Liz
    http://projectnaptime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your work is superb dear.love it.keep it uppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

    http://creativemind-zeshuregi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...